Friday Night Live / Club Live
Friday Night Live builds partnerships for positive and healthy youth development which engage youth as active leaders and resources in their communities
California Friday Night Live Partnership
FNL Participating High SchoolsTop of Page
Corning High School
Yuliana Moreno: FNL/CL County Coordinator
Red Bluff High School
Yuliana Moreno: FNL County Coordinator
CL Participating Middle SchoolsTop of Page
Bend Elementary School
Jared DuVal - Physical Education & Health Teacher
Evergreen Middle School
Albert Estrada - Health Teacher
Gerber Elementary School
Alfred Gomes - Behavioral Intervention Coordinator
Vista Preparatory Academy
Yuliana Moreno - FNL County Coordinator
STANDARDS OF PRACTICE: Youth in Friday Night Live/Club Live programs will experience the following:Top of Page
- Safe environment: Physical safety-to feel free from the risk of harm; and emotional safety-to feel like they can be who they are.
- Opportunities for Community Engagement: Knowledge of the community-to learn about their community and its resources, interaction/interface with the community-to interact and work with community members, communication with the community-to communicate about the program or youth issues, contribution to the community-to give back and serve their community.
- Opportunities for Leadership and Advocacy: Decision making and governance-to participate in decision making and occupy leadership roles, such as staff or board roles, youth voice-to learn to express their opinions constructively and to hear those of others, and action-to take action on issues or projects they care about outside of the program in the community and at school.
- Opportunities to build Caring and Meaningful Relationships with Peers and Adults: peer knowledge-to learn about their peers and build relationships with them, adult knowledge and guidance-to learn about the adult staff and build relationships with them, emotional support-to feel supported emotionally by others in the program, practical support-to feel like their practical needs are met by adult staff, sense of belonging-to feel like they belong, like they matter to the group and its success.
- Opportunities to engage in Interesting and Relevant Skill Development Activities: Specific skills-to develop and build specific skills through program activities, challenging and Interesting activities-to engage in interesting and challenging activities.
NCLB Domain: Opportunities to develop healthy personal attitudes and behavior: Alcohol, tobacco and other drugs (ATOD) prevention-to be in a positive space or environment, violence prevention-to learn constructive and healthy ways of handling issues and conflicts, academic completion/fostering learning-to develop and/or build upon their interest in learning and ability to think critically.