ParaEducator Proficiency Assessment
ParaEducator Proficiency AssessmentTop of Page
2022-2023 ParaEducator Proficiency Assessment Schedule
Click here for the: Study Guide, Practice Test and Resources
Online tutoring now available at HelpNow.
HelpNow's features include:
- Homework Help Interact with live tutors in math, science, reading/writing, social studies, PSAT/SAT, ACT, AP and state standardized tests.
- Skills-Building Choose your topic to receive real-time help.
- Personalized eLearning Tools My File Sharing, My Session Replay, My Tutoring Archive, My Tests Archive, and more!
- 24-Hour Writing Lab Submit essays and other forms of writing for constructive feedback.
- Homework Send Question Submit homework questions for expert guidance.
- Adult Learning Center Access a library of rich adult learning content (GED) and live, professional assistance in resume/cover letter writing, U.S. citizenship prep, MS Office Essential Skills Series, and more!
- Foreign Language Lab /Spanish-Speaking Support
Testing for the Tehama County ParaEducator Proficiency Assessment is a service provided by the Tehama County Department of Education (TCDE) for school districts in Tehama County.
If you are seeking employment in a school district as a paraeducator (teacher’s aide, instructional assistant, etc.), pursuant to Education Code 45330, you must either possess an A.A. degree or higher, have two years of college (48 units), or pass an assessment of your knowledge and the ability to assist in instructing reading, writing, and mathematics as appropriate to the responsibility of the position. In Tehama County in order to meet this assessment requirement, TCDE administers the ParaEducator Proficiency Assessment.
The assessment is comprised of four sections: Math, English Language Arts, Writing, and Ability to Assist in the classroom. The assessment is multiple choice and will be completed on a computer. Participants must pass the assessment with 70% or higher in order to receive verification of achievement.
If a participant does not pass all or certain subjects on the assessment, they can retake only the subjects that were not passed.
If a "reasonable accommodation" is necessary, Human Resource Services needs to be notified 10 days prior to the test if possible.
For questions, please call TCDE Human Resources Services at 528-7349.