Parent's Guide to Assessments in California:Top of Page
- Guide to Assessments PDF
- Video- Assessment and Common Core
- Video- Raising the Bar: Implications on Test Scores with Common Core
- CAST and NGSS
- GreatKids State Test Guide for Parents GreatSchools has developed a free online tool parents can use to understand their child’s new Smarter Balanced score report and find resources they can use to help at home. Give it a try by clicking the link above, or see how the tool works in this one-sheet (PDF).
- Student Score Reports
- ELPAC Assessments
- ELPAC Resources for Parents
Web Resources:Top of Page
- Common Core Resources
- Milestone Videos from GreatKids.org are short videos for parents that show what children in grades K-5 should be able to do in each grade
CCSS InformationTop of Page
DELAC/ELACTop of Page
Next Generation Science Standard (NGSS) InformationTop of Page
Common Sense Media has apps/websites to support your children, but also resources for you as parents to address concerns regarding technology and media.
Parent Handbooks:Top of Page
These Parent Handbooks include an introduction to the Common Core State Standards, an overview of what your child will be learning about in English language arts/mathematics, tips for talking to your child's teacher, and ideas/activities to help your child extend learning at home.
Preschool NA N/A